Sunday, March 14, 2010

The big day!!

Today was the day! Reese's first "official" day in nursery. When I was put into the nursery last spring, Reese was lucky enough to join me each week. But when I was released last December, She had to leave as well. It's been a rough few months, trying to find ways to entertain Reese at church. Most Sundays ended with us going home after Sacrament meeting. Reese is just too loud and active to participate in adult Sunday School or Relief Society. So this day has been greatly anticipated. I worried that after a few months out of nursery she would be hesitant to go back, especially without me...boy was I relieved to discover that was not the case. She strutted right in there like she owned the place waving goodbye to me as I walked out the door. Between Sunday School and Relief Society I went into change her diaper and she got upset that I was taking her away. She's one smart kid; she knows where the toys and treats are. All in all it was a success! Hopefully it stays that way. And on another note...I enjoyed two full hours of uninterrupted spiritual upliftment that I haven't' had in quite awhile!

As a side note I wanted to mention a couple other cute things that happened at church today. Reese has a little friend in the neighborhood named Cohen. They were born just 2 days apart and were hospital nursery buddies. In the last 18 months they've had fun playing and growing up together. In Sacrament Cohen was sitting across from us. Reese and Cohen kept looking at each other and waving, showing each other their toys from across the isle. During one of the prays I saw Reese showing Cohen her fruit snacks and Cohen extending his hand for some. That's when Reese said, "Co Co mama Co Co". She wanted to share with him, but couldn't reach. She's never said his name before and I wasn't sure if that's really what she was saying, then several more times during the meeting she pointed over to Cohen and said, "Co Co, Co Co". It was so cute.

Later, during nursery when I went in to change Reese, she and Cohen were playing together. When I picked Reese up to take her out, Cohen started to cry running after us. I assured him she would be right back. When I brought her back Cohen came running to the door. I put Reese down and the two of them walked off together to play. It was so sweet. Reese is lucky to have such a good little friend in Cohen!

I wanted to get a picture of Reese on her "big day"! And this is what I got...a lot of nothing. She wouldn't stand still or look at me for more than a second. I decided to post them anyway because they are so indicative of what our life with Reese is like! Go Go Go Go Go!! When I was her age my grandpa used to call me his little whirlwind! If he were alive today, I'm sure he'd call her whirlwind Jr.





1 comment:

Louise said...

Congratulations Reese! Sounds like she is ready to be on her own. She is so adorable and we send hugs!