Tuesday, March 30, 2010

All by herself!

Today was a big day...it was the first time we've been to the park since last summer and Reese was way into it. She was climbing and running all over the place with all the big kids, and before I even knew what was happening she was flying down the big slide all by herself. Gone is the baby of last summer. Suddenly I have a fearless, independent little girl that wasn't concerned at all whether or not I was at the end of the slide to catch her; not that she needed me. As I watched her climb to the top of the biggest slide over and over again, my heart skipped a beat. Wasn't I sitting in the hospital, holding her in my arms for the first time just yesterday?? Is it really only these short few months that we get to have our babies, be our babies?? I guess so.

On the other hand, I couldn't have been more proud. She is such a strong little person. I can't wait to see the woman she will grow to be.

In the mean time, I'll try to be at the end of each and every slide...just in case she needs me.





1 comment:

empty nester said...

What a fun day for you. She is darling and changing all the time.