Tuesday, September 22, 2009

It's official...

Our toddler has arrived. While I know she's been slowly transitioning for some time, it seems like a little toddler has appeared over night. From her ever emerging personality, to her increasing independence and curiosity of her surroundings, she is definitely keeping Arnold and I on our feet and laughing up a storm. She is such a little character. How did we get so lucky.

Today Reese decided to remove all the shoes from the shoe bin. When she got to her shoes, she spent almost 5 minutes trying to put them on all by herself. Last week while folding clothes, she grabbed a pair of her shorts and tried to put them on as well.

At lunch the other day she was eating off of my plate and really wanted to use my fork. She successfully pierced the food with the fork, but couldn't quite maneuver it into her mouth. It was a huge fork, I guess I need to buy her a little toddler fork.

She loves to help me with just about everything I do around the house. She's getting better at sorting laundry with me. She loves to help me fold. Yesterday while folding the clothes she grabbed a pair of Arnold's shorts and brought them over to me, while handing them to me she said.."Dada". She then proceeded to bring me one item at a time handing them to me and telling me who's clothes they were.

She also insists on sitting on the counter while I'm cooking or doing anything in the kitchen. This week we've been dehydrating peaches. She was handing me one peach at a time, until she decided she wanted to taste one.



No comments: