Thursday, September 17, 2009

Fruitless Efforts...

This morning I put Reese down for her nap with a little hesitation. She didn't seem as tired as usual, but I thought she'd still probably go down. When I put her in her crib she grabbed her binky and blanky and rolled over, so I thought...she'll go to sleep. I left the room and proceeded to shower and get ready for the day.

Fast forward 1 hour and Reese is still playing and talking to herself in her crib. I thought, well as long as she's happy I'll let her play. She's probably right on the verge of going to sleep...right??

30 minutes more...she starts to scream; a mad frustrated scream. I give up and go into her room. As soon as I walk in the door she starts to smile, clapp and nod her head up and down. Then she points outside her crib. As if to say, "Congratulations Mom, you finally figured out that your efforts are fruitless. There will be no morning nap today...now get me out of here!"

1 comment:

Lindsey said...

That's a sad day when the naps get fewer and far between. Alexis is down to only one nap a day. Thankfully, she'll sleep a good 2-3 hours during that nap, but it's still sad not to have two! Good luck! I feel ya!