Sunday, August 9, 2009

Idaho Getaway Part 1 - Grandma & Grandpa Nordfelts house

August is my favorite month to visit Idaho. When Utah heat reaches it high point...there's nothing like the cool breeze, fresh air, and sweet raspberries of Idaho to remind me of all the reasons I love summer.

Arnold and I love Idaho! If it weren't for the winters, we'd be packing our bags for a move tomorrow. We hadn't been to Idaho since Reese was just 6 weeks old, so several months ago we planned this weekend trip.

And we're off...Reese all snuggled in for the 4 hour drive. We discovered the trick for a peaceful ride...a DVD player and several Sesame Street DVDs. She's set!
I love my parents yard. One day...one day!
Arnold and Reese enjoying the beautiful yard and weather. Reese didn't know what to do with so much grass to play on.
And then there are the raspberries. Fresh picked from my parents garden. When I was a little girl, my brothers & sister, cousins and I loved sneaking into our grandparents garden and eating raspberries right off the bush.
I had to pass on the tradition to Reese.

In it goes...
and out it comes...a little too tart for her baby taste buds...but she loves them in her oatmeal.
Grandpa & Reese, learning to go down the stairs.

Grandma & Reese, playing in the backyard.


No comments: