Sunday, August 30, 2009

Forest Fun!

This weekend we ventured into the woods with our friends the Gardner's for a little forest fun and sleeping under the stars...well in a tent under the stars. This was Reese's first camping trip...I can almost hear the gasps of disgust from my family. I realize it's nothing less than a crime that Reese is almost a year and she hasn't been camping yet. No worries, she was a natural! She loved the freedom of the outdoors; the unlimited amount of rocks, sticks, dirt and water to play in or with.

My biggest worry was whether or not Reese would sleep in the tent and if so, would it last through the night. She did great. I however, was up all night worried about how cold she was or wasn't. So, while mom didn't sleep a wink, baby did great. I'm still recovering. The older I get, the more I appreciate the comforts of my own bed. And after this camping trip...I have an incredible amount of appreciation for my parents and all the camping trips they took us on. It's a lot of work packing up half the house to venture into the woods. It's so worth it though. Kids love camping and Arnold and I are determined to give our kids those wonderful memories! But I wouldn't be apposed to investing in a pop-up trailer or fifth wheel one day! :)


Daddy showing Reese how cold the water is!

Dave & Tyler Gardner, venturing in the water.
Reese loved playing in the water. We couldn't believe she loved it so much. The water was sooo cold!


If I would have let go of her had, she would have kept on going...that is until she fell in and then I think the fun would have ended really fast.
Chillin by the fire.
Tyler Gardner, roasting marshmallows.
Reese's first marshmallow.
Arnold, dutch oven cooking.
Hanging out under the picnic table...the simple pleasures.
The Gardners! Thanks for camping with us. We had a great time.

Reese had so much fun that she zonked out in the car before we even drove out of the campsite.

3 comments:

Iliana said...

Good times. I guess :) But that pic of Reese asleep is too cute! She is a trooper!

Audrey said...

Oh looks like so much fun! My boys love camping. I love the pic of Reese. Too cute!

Unknown said...

It looks like you guys had a blast!!!