Tuesday, December 2, 2008

Goodnight Grandma

Saturday, November 22, 2008 my sweet grandma Lola Kathleen Jardine Woolf passed away. She was the last of my grandparents here on this earth. She has now reunited with my grandpa who passed away last year. Her health had been failing for some time, so with heavy hearts we were happy to see her find eternal rest and peace.

I feel very blessed to have been able to make a trip a few weeks ago to say goodbye and introduce her to Reese before she passed away.

Some things that will forever remind me of my grandma...
Raspberries
German Chocolate Cake
Her secret recipe for Cinnamon Rolls
The Lawrence Welk Show :)
Wheel of Fortune
Garlic and Vaseline :)
Quilting
My many crocheted blankets and dollies
The smell of tea tree oil
Apple trees and bottled apples
Homemade donuts
Genealogy
Old tire swings
The smell of laundry dried on the line
and the list could go on....

In the words of one of my favorite songs about death..."Say goodnight, not goodbye"

Good Night Grandma. I love you!


3 comments:

Unknown said...

I'm so sorry for your loss. I know she is so happy right now. And apparently I am emotional, so thanks for making me cry.

JR and Brynn said...

I am so sorry for your loss. I lost my grandma in January and it was so hard. What a sweet post you did for her. Love the pictures of Reese. She is hands down the happiest, best-dressed baby I know!

Louise said...

What a tender tribute to such a wonderful woman! We enjoyed meeting her at your reception. So glad she got to hug Reese. We love all of you.
Love,
Louise