Friday, September 12, 2008

Our Little Piece of Heaven!

Well, after 30 hours of labor and one scary c-section that I had to be completely put under for, our little Reese has arrived. I didn't get to meet her until several hours after she was born. Neither one of us were doing so well after our long ordeal, but have made amazing progress in the last day. Reese is already out of the NICU and I have had all the many tubes I was sporting taken out of me. Both of us are now off oxygen and doing great. Below is a picture, more will come later. I know I'm a little bias but I think she's the cutes little girl ever. She was 8 lbs 10 oz. and 19 inches long. We are both very tired and are so glad we have such a great dad and husband who has taken amazing care of us over the last few days...well really nine months. We won't be coming home from the hospital until Sunday, but sense I'm still having a hard time moving that’s probably a good thing. Thanks to everyone for your love and support!

P.S. Her full name is Reese Celeste Thiebaud and she was born on September 10th at 10:45 p.m.

12 comments:

chingchong7 said...

Since you called an Tuesday, I've been waiting and waiting to hear from someone, anyone, about how you and baby Reese were doing. Finally this morning I got an email from Judy @ Kim B. she forwarded the email from Arnold along to a few of us. She is absolutely beautiful and is probably more so in person! I can't wait to meet her. Please let me know if you need anything. Adam and I would love to bring over some dinner when your home and settled in. I'll give you a call next week. CONGRATULATIONS!

Louise said...

Welcome to earth Reese Celeste Thiebaud!!
Congratulations Mindi and Arnold!!We are so thrilled to have our first granddaughter. She's beautiful! What a miracle. We hope you do well Mindi in recovering. We love all three of you and are soooooooooooo excited!

Love,
Mom and Dad Thiebaud

Kelly & Tasha said...

I'm so glad you posted! Congrats! I'm sorry to hear it was so tough to get her here, but glad to here that both of you are free of tubes and oxygen and will be able to come home after a few days. I'd love to help out if I can. I don't want to intrude, though, until you are ready. Just know I'm thinking about you all.

Tran said...

Yea, she has arrived!!! I am so excited for both you and Arnold.. I hope you will recover smoothly and please let Jeff and I know if you need anything. I know that you need your space so when you are ready, let us know what you need ok.. Congratulatons again and yes she is darling.. Can't wait to see more pics..

Heather said...

Congrats! You posted on the 12th. Is that the day she was born? She is a cutie!

sandals said...

She is SOOOO BEAUTIFUL!!!! She looks like a Reese! Glad you are both okay! Hope you start feeling better soon!

Tennisa Nordfelt said...

Congrats Mindi! Sorry to hear you had an ordeal, you poor thing! She is beautiful. Please call if you need anything. And remember, 3 weeks you'll get the nursing thing, 6 weeks you'll be good at it. :)

Love,
Tennisa

Heather said...

DUH! I didn't even read the "P.S." closely...now I see when she was born!

Lisa said...

Congratulations!!!!! Reese is BEAUTIFUL. Oh my goodness! Mindi, I'm so glad you are both doing better - sounds like labor was rough!! We would love to bring dinner over or whatever else would help.

Sheridan said...

Oh my gosh! What an experience! I'm so glad you are ok and Baby Reese has arrived safely! She's BEAUTIFUL!!!!! Congratulations!!!

Sushi-Mama said...

Oh, Mindi and Arnold- your princess is amazingly beautiful! I started thinking a couple days ago that I hadn't heard anything from you or anyone, so I finally checked the blog today. I will be anxious to hear ALL of the details of the birth- it sounds pretty precarious. I hope you are keeping ahead on your pain meds. I had a c-section with E-bear, so I understand. Do you still want me to take some pictures? I would LOVE to, but I'm not offended if you've made other arrangements. E-mail me. We'll be excited to meet Reese in person! Congrats.

Sally said...

Congratulations! She's beautiful! My best advice--sleep when she does.