Friday, July 11, 2008

Finally a moment to blog...

I apologize it's been awhile sense I've update our blog. Life has become more and more crazy this summer. It seems like there's always something to do. I've been a little busy with work trying to get all my clients squared away before I go on maternity leave. I'm down to 8 1/2 weeks and I realize that I'm going to get progressively more tired and worn out. Then of course there's always the chance of having the baby early...not that I'm counting on that, but it's good to be prepared.

We had a good 4th of July, but I'm going to commit the unpardonable sin and go on record as officially hating "Stadium of Fire". I'm sorry, I used to like it but it seems to be getting less and less patriotic every year. I'm a firm believer that 4th of July fireworks should be put to patriotic music, not movie themes, 5o's music, or 80's music. I also think the performers at the event should include some sort of patriotic theme or music in their performances.

I like the beginning with the fly over, presentation of the flag and the military families...but they loose it in the end. I might as well be at any old celebration. And forget about the smoke and ashes that fill the stadium. It's a good thing that in all the years I've been going to the "Stadium of Fire", I've never had to pay for it. I would want my money back! Sorry all you Miley Sirus fans...but I don't get that either. What a terrible concert.

If you ever have the chance, the best 4th of July fireworks I've ever been to are in Idaho Falls, Idaho. The owner of Meleluca (sp?) put's on the show every year. He pay's for the whole thing, and it is unbelievable. It's the grandest and longest display of fireworks I've ever seen and it's completely choreographed to patriotic music via a local radio station. Everyone takes a picnic, blankets, lawn chairs, and their radios down to the river and they line the river banks. With everyone tuned into the same station you lay there and watch the fireworks over the water. It has never failed to bring me to tears.

Now that's my idea of a great 4th of July! Next year that's were we're headed for sure!

4 comments:

chingchong7 said...

BOOO Stadium of Fire hater!! Boo
Just kidding!!! I totally feel the same way! Thank goodness I never have to actually pay for a ticket ;) They should hire us to plan the event (he he) Oh I think it's time for another belly shot!!!!!!!

JR and Brynn said...

Missed you guys at the reunion. Hope you are feeling well. I hear you on Miley Sirus. I don't understand all the hype.

The Laidlaws said...

I completely agree about the Stadium of Fire...the last two times I've gone I have been extremely disappointed, and I definitely had no interest in going this year! Miley Cyrus drives me nuts.

Unknown said...

BLEH, I am going to have to agree with you. I actually am not the biggest firworks fan. I prefer to just bbq and eat and talk.