Saturday, October 6, 2012

Phone purge....

Ok, so I know its been like forever!!! I think this may be the longest stretch between posts that I've had since...well...the beginning. I guess I've had a lot on my plate and my blog has been at the bottom of my list. Taking pictures was down there at the bottom as well. I'd say 99% of the photos I've taken over the last month have been on my phone. So tonight I did a little phone purge. Here's the down and dirty of all our happenings for the last few weeks.

We loved our time at Grandma and Grandpa's.

They don't really have many "girl" toys, but that didn't seem to bother Reese. She made perfect use of all my brothers boy toys.

Photobucket

Photobucket

We had to head back to Utah while the movers packed us up and loaded our truck. It was a fun but exhausting week. Reese got to reunite with all her besties...she was in heaven...and I got to reunite with all of mine as well. A huge thank you to all my friends who watched the girls while I tackled my mile long "to do" list, and even treated me to one last girls night out!!

It was pretty weird seeing all our stuff in boxes and our house so empty.

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Our stuff followed us back to Idaho and we were so excited to finally be moving into our new house!!

Photobucket

Anni was such a good traveler!!
Photobucket

Photobucket

I was especially excited to see the new painted trim...all white...as it should be!

Photobucket

But then we were left with all this...

Photobucket

...long days of un-packing and organizing...ugggg!

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

But we managed to get it all done...more quickly than I thought we would. And the house is totally "put together".

...just a few highlights...

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

I've even managed to make all the curtains I needed to make.

Photobucket

Photobucket

For the most part life is back to normal and we seem to be settling into a nice little life here in Idaho.

Anni loves her room and especially reading books in her room. I often find her like this; sitting quietly flipping through books.

Photobucket

Photobucket

Reese started Preschool!

Anni and I got to go with her on the first day.

Photobucket

Photobucket

Her first official full day...by herself. She loved every minute of it!

Photobucket

We love playing outside in our new neighborhood. We've met quite a few of our neighbors. They are all so nice and have been more than welcoming.

Photobucket

There are several girls around Reese's and Anni's age. Reese has had no problems making friends. She isn't shy at all. She walks right up to anyone new and say's, "Hi, do you want to play with me??" It's so sweet. I love her confidence. I've even made a few friends as a result of her total lack of inhibitions. Love that kid!

Photobucket

We've even gone potato picking! The college digs up their potatoes and all you have to do is go out in the field and pick them up. You can have as many as you are willing to gather. They keep in the garage for up to 6 months. I think we got enough to last us through winter.

Photobucket

Anni's love of shoes has grown exponentially. I call her my little shoe thief!

Photobucket

Every morning...first thing...right for the shoes!

Photobucket

Reese is counting the days until she's old enough to drive Grandpa's truck!

Photobucket

We do a lot of this early in the morning!

Photobucket

Reese has figured out how to disassemble all child proofing devices...rendering them completely ineffective. Here she is telling me to stop putting these silly contractions on the doors. It's such a pain for her to have to take them off every time.

Photobucket

...more of this...

Photobucket

As for me...well I finally joined Instagram!  So you can really keep up with all our pictures over there!

Photobucket

Arnold is "loving" mowing the lawn...and thanking me for not letting him buy that 1 acre lot he "thought" he wanted!  You're welcome honey!!

Photobucket

We've even managed to get our Halloween pumpkins! We really lucked out with these babies. My brother's neighbor has their own little pumpkin patch. We scored all these pumpkins for under $10...total.

Photobucket

Photobucket

Ok, I think that just about brings us up to date!! So far we like it here in Idaho. We really really really miss all our friends! But we know this is where we are supposed to be, and we are happy!

1 comment:

Chellese said...

So happy to see your update, Mindi! I'm so glad you are settling easily and making new friends. They are lucky to have you!

Also, you are so very photogenic! Love the family pics.