Monday, September 10, 2012

Happy 4 years...

I feel like we've been celebrating Reese's 4th birthday for over a month! 2 parties and now the official day. Reese had a special birthday breakfast, played with friends, and spent a fun afternoon shopping with Aunt Jen and Mycol. This kid is spoiled. But I love her like crazy and can't believe it's already been 4 years.

Happy happy birthday my little pieces!!

4 year interview

What's your favorite... 

food - corn and orange juice
drink - I just said orange juice mom!
treat - The snake things. They the sour one's you eat. (I think she means sour gummy worms?) oh oh oh...and candy corn!! I loooovvve candy corn!
surprise - to see my friends! I so surprise to see my friends.
T.V. show - My Little Pony
movie - The Incredibles
book - I think the George book (Curious George)
color - yellow and purple
song - Give Said the Little Stream
place to go - The Beach and Chuck E Cheese
thing to do - Paint with sparkles (glitter)
friends - Rowan, Lucy, Clair, Brynny, and maybe Tyler Gavin if I need boys
thing about mommy - I just really love you mom, we just best best best friends
thing about daddy - When he swings me all around and around
thing about Anni - playing with her

What's the best thing about turning 4? 
I can glue stuff all by myself
(I have no idea where the gluing thing comes from. I can't even remember the last time we glued anything, and where she got the idea that she can do it by herself now. The crazy mind of a 4 year old.)


...some other funny things she says...

Reese: That Craig on the phone mom?
Me: uhhh...you mean grandpa??
Reese: His name Craig mom! Don't ya know that?

I'm not sure where this recent obsession to call everyone by their first name came from...but I really don't like it!


While putting Reese to bed tonight I explained to her that if she wanted to stay up late and go to the firework show tomorrow night, then she needed to stay in bed and go to sleep. As I was leaving the room...

Me: Goodnight. I love you.
Reese: one second mom, sparkle (her stuffed unicorn) wants to tell you something.
Me: OK, what does sparkle need?
Reese: (puts sparkles head to her ear) ah ha, ok, ok (talking to herself)...ok mom, sparkle wants me to tell you that she doesn't want to stay in bed.
Me: then you tell sparkle that if she doesn't stay in bed and go to sleep, then she won't be able to go to the firework show tomorrow night either.
Reese: (looking at me like I'm crazy)...umm mom...sparkle's just a stuffed animal, she doesn't care about fireworks.
Me: Oh so we're back to reality? Then sparkles just a stuffed animal and she doesn't care about going to sleep.
Reese: (has no come back...and clearing realizing that mommy's smarter than she thought.)


Reese: Mom I know how to say bubble bath in spanish.
Me: you do?
Reese: ya, it's bubadooba.
Me: or really? who taught you that?
Reese: no one, I just made it up. You can just make up words in Spanish mom. It's not real, it all just made up.
Me: Spanish isn't made up honey. It's a real language that some people speak.
Reese: But that what Dora say's and her just made up.
Me: Well she's a pretend cartoon character, but she speaks a real language. There are lots of people all over the world that speak all kinds of languages. Like daddy knows how to speak French.
Reese: That kinda funny mom. Maybe I want to know spanish.
Me: Well when you get older you can take classes in school and lean a different language.
Reese: That be so awesome mom!


I'm packing and organizing stuff in preparation for our move and listening to music...kind of loud. Reese comes upstairs and yells...

Reese: MOM!! MOM!! Turn down dis music!! It way too loud MOM!!

I think I'll need to remember this moment for when she's 16!

No comments: