Saturday, July 7, 2012

Tanglewood of Fire 2012

It's become a tradition in our neighborhood to hold our own little "Tanglewood of Fire" for the 4th of July.  This was our 4th year and it was a hit, as always. I don't know why but there's just something fun about doing your own fireworks. I like the "big" shows, but we always seem to have more fun when we do our own. They may not be as grand...but they're more memorable.

I wish this photo had been in focus...these two little best friends are about as cute as can be. If we ever move, we may just have to sneak Rowan into the moving truck. I don't know if they could live without each other. Even after a couple days in Idaho Reese said to me, "mom I really like Idaho...but when I get to see Rowan again? I really really need to play with her and tell her all the fun I having."

Photobucket

Anni had a great time roaming the streets.
Photobucket

Reese's annual sparkler shot.
Photobucket

"Sorry mom...mine friends are calling...I gotta go!"
Photobucket

"Let's get this show started!!"
Photobucket

Rowan wasn't a fan of the "loud" ones!
Photobucket

Reese and her glow whistle.
Photobucket

Justin showed us what happens when you put a bunch of fireworks in a plastic bucket and light them all at the same time....plastic disintegration in mere seconds.
Photobucket

Reese conducting the fireworks with her whistle.
Photobucket

Reese and Rowan...dancing to the fireworks.
Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

We even had several aerial fireworks...they were pretty cool!
Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Cleaning up the aftermath!  Thanks to all the daddy's for a spectacular show!! Honestly I think they may have had more fun than the kids.
Photobucket

1 comment:

Brad and Michelle Peterson said...

We miss all our Tanglewood friends and the Tanglewood get togethers! Reese is growing up so fast! So glad you guys had a fun 4th of July.