Saturday, January 28, 2012

Funny Funny Reese...

This is a game Reese lovingly calls "Anni fishing". She stands at the top of the stairs and throws her jump rope over the gate. Then she calls to Anni, "Anni...come over here Anni...come get me Anni." Then when Anni make it over to the stairs and grabs the rope Reese proclaims, "I caught her, I caught her...I caught you Anni." The first time she did it I said, "What are you doing?"...she said, "I'm Anni fishing."

Photobucket

................................................................................................................

Random...
Me: Reese what do you want for breakfast?
Reese: Ummm...maybe something green.
Me: something green? what would that be?
Reese: Uhhh...you know, like last night...green things.
(When Reese say's "last night" or "yesterday" that really means anytime within her span of memory.)
Me: I'm sorry sweety but I don't know what green things you're talking about.
Reese: oh yea...they adacado's.
Me: Avocado's?? You want an avocado for breakfast?
Reese: yea mom...those adacado's are so elicious!! (delicious)
Me: I'm sorry but we don't have any avocado's sweety. You'll have to have something else. How about some cereal.
Reese: Oh man...I really want a adacado. Not fare we not have adacado's.

.................................................................................................................

I clearly have one sweet deprived toddler on my hands. Since Arnold and I started a diet 3 weeks ago there has definitely been a lack of sugar around here. This morning I started making cupcakes for my nephews mission farewell on Sunday. (Trust me...I'm going to be good and not eat any.) I've been mixing and whipping in the kitchen for the last 45 minutes with no attention from Reese, until I make one little comment...

Me: Hold one one second Anni, I'll get you out of your high chair as soon as I put the cupcakes in the oven.
Reese: (totally engrossed in her cartoons) What you say mom?? Cupcake??? You say cupcake?? You have cupcake?? (now on her feet in the kitchen) We make cupcake? I have a cupcake? When we have cupcake? I get to eat cupcake?? I want cupcake!!!
Me: What's that Reese? Did you say you don't like cupcakes?
Reese: No no no no mom...I lOVE cupcakes! I really really want cupcakes?
Me: (laughing) clearly! You can definitely have a cupcake as soon as they come out of the oven.

Poor girl camped out in front of the oven for almost 15 minutes waiting for a cupcake.

...............................................................................................................

Talking to Reese today about facial expressions...

Me: What do you think this face means? (making happy face)
Reese: Happy
Me: What does this face mean? (looking sad)
Reese: So sad
Me: And what do you think this face means? (looking surprised)
Reese: freaked out!
Me: (laughing)
Reese:(starts laughing too) That's your so so funny face mom :)

..............................................................................................................

Me: Reese what do you want for breakfast?
Reese: ummmm...I want eggs...and maybe sausage...wait...no no no...I want pancakes with strawberries.

Funny, I don't remember saying, "Hi, welcome to IHOP. Can I take your order?" But I'm a sucker...I made her the pancakes with strawberries. It's hard to say no to that sweet little face.

..............................................................................................................

No comments: