Friday, May 13, 2011

Potty Trained!

That's right, Reese is officially potty trained. A couple weeks ago on a random Wednesday, Reese woke up and told me she didn't want to wear diapers anymore. I was a little shocked and wasn't sure she really understood what she was saying. I explained to her that if she didn't wear diapers that meant she had to wear panties and she had to go to the bathroom on the potty. She agreed, so I hesitantly let her put on her panties, and I prepared for a stressful day.

But to my surprise and huge relief, she knew exactly what she was doing. Day one came and went with no accidents at all. I thought to myself, "Is this for real??? After months of trying and agonizing over this...did Reese just really potty train herself in one day???" It appears so!

The second day, she had a couple accidents and lost her confidence a little. She asked to put her diapers back on. In her words, "Diapers mom...too hard. I can't do it!" But she had already proven to me the day before, that she could in fact do it, so I was not backing down. After day two she's only had one accident, and that was when she was at a friends house playing (sorry you had to clean up my daughters mess Whitney! I owe you.) We've even gone shopping and up to Salt Lake for the day with absolutely no accidents. I don't' even have to ask her if she has to go anymore. She just goes in the bathroom when she needs to and goes all by herself.

Honestly I can't believe I spent so many months stressing over this. I should have know that she would just decide one day...and that would be that! She is my daughter after all.

That being said, we still have one little obstacle we need to overcome with the potty...pooping! Reese does not like to poop on the potty. She doesn't like to poop anywhere. She just holds it for days. This is a problem we're still working on. Solution suggestions are welcome!

No comments: