Saturday, December 1, 2012

Advent Day 1 - 2012 ornaments

A few years ago I decided to give up my fancy themed Christmas tree and start a new tradition with my kids. Each year they pick out a new Christmas Tree ornament. It's so fun as we get out all the ornaments each year and remember the past years ornaments, along with a small collection I had from throughout my life. Reese loves to hear the stories of where I got each ornament and who gave it to  me. She also loves to hear the stories of why or how she picked out the ornaments from previous years.

One of my favorite ornaments is a little bird that my grandmother gave me. (see this post for full story) Reese loves it too and always wants me to tell her about my grandma when she looks at it. So when she saw these cute little birds and nest and Porters, she immediately wanted to get them for our tree. I told her that they could be her 2012 ornaments. She picked the big white bird.  Of course, as soon as Reese had a bird Anni had to have a bird, so she picked the little red one.

Photobucket

Photobucket

This is the bird my grandma gave me...as you can see, he is safely placed at the top of the tree where no little hands can destroy him. He is very very old...and I just love him.
Photobucket

No comments: