Monday, March 12, 2012

Independence...

From the moment Reese was born she's been on the fast track to independence. She consistently wants to take big and little steps, long before I'm ready to let go. Lately she insists on getting herself dressed. This includes picking out her clothes. She doesn't even allow me in the room when she's getting ready. While this has presented a few minor frustrations...like the fact that she a couple favorite outfits she likes to wear over and over and over again, or the fact that she hasn't quite grasp dressing to the weather...she's actually impressed me so far. On most days she's managed to put together some really cute outfits, that match and everything.

That is until today. She came downstairs in this little concoction. She even managed to get her favorite Mickey shirt into the mix.  I'm hoping it's just the fever she's had since the middle of the night that's throwing her off.

But I've continued to support her creativity and encourage her independent thinking. I told her I thought the outfit was awesome. Her response...

Reese: ya mom! see...stripes...stripes. It matches.
Me: So why do you have your Mickey shirt underneath?
Reese: Why? cause I a little cold and Mickey keep me warm. (she has the chills)

See...I think it just might be the fever.

Photobucket Photobucket

No comments: